Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Limitation of Expression

The man of color often finds himself living within the prescribed stereotype and thus creating a "boxed in" means of expressing themselves. By accepting definitions of:
playa
rapper
pimp
..............these definitions create a limitations on what one can become or, express. It limits the range that african american men can express their emotions. 

Consider the following. Men who have more power (financial, work-place power) don't have to show so much physical power since they have other means of exerting their power. 

The influential and rich and powerful have no requirement to be physically strong....


Consider this video showing that black men must remain physically strong, territorial, and violent,  in order to maintain their manhood...

Lyrics (Verse 3)
ooo, I ain't bad, just don't kiss no ass or take shit
And I'm a grown man, find you somebody to play wit
If you'on like me when you see me, betta not say shit
I'll choke yo ass out like Dre did that bitch
You betta tell these pussies they ain't fuckin wit no rookie
I'm a Bankhead nigga, I'll take yo cookiez!
So don't make it a me or you situation
I'll have yo partner down and I.C.U. visitation
Like, hope for the best, but I'on think he gon make it
Not the way he was shiverin and shakin on the pavement
I'll tell you wha, if you make it, call'em grace cuz he amazin
Find out these verses wasn't the only thang blazin and
Just when you thought that I was done I was savin the
Best for last, nigga kiss my ass
Like Della Reese they my folkz, itz best you just let'em be
Cuz I do the shit precincts and them FED's just ain't never see nigga

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Home Email Display Clock Web Home Email Display Clock Web Web